Minutes of previous meetings can be found below
21st meeting and annual general meeting of the Implement Petrology Group.
13 – 14 February 2016
In the Education Room, Lapworth Museum of Geology, University of Birmingham (Aston Webb Building, Edgbaston Campus).
Kindly hosted by Jon Clatworthy, Director of the Lapworth Museum.
Doors will open at 11.15, to give participants plenty of time to eat their packed lunches. (Lunch will not be provided, but tea, coffee and biscuits will, thanks to Jon Clatworthy.) The meeting on Saturday will commence at 1.00pm, and end at 5pm, and will be chaired by the Interim Chair, Professor Mark Edmonds. There will be an opportunity to examine some of the Lapworth Museum material (including IPG thin section slides) and to use microscopes to examine material brought by IPG members on the Sunday morning, for those wishing to stay.
Please email admin AT implementpetrology DOT org for more information on meeting arrangements.
1. Welcome, apologies, and minute’s silence as a mark of respect for the late Professor Vin Davis, former Chair of the IPG
2. Minutes of the 20th meeting and AGM, held in York, 10–11 January 2015. (Copy attached)
3. Matters arising
4. Report by the Interim Chairman
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Election of Officers: Chair, 2 Vice Chairs, Secretary, Treasurer, Website Officer, Editor of Stonechat (= new post), Events Officer, Executive Members (currently 3; can elect up to 5 at the AGM) (Please send nominations and expressions of willingness to stand to the current Secretary, Mik Markham – via admin AT implementpetrology DOT org – by 6th February)
7. Payment for website domain name (implementpetrology.org) and its transference from current domain name owners in April 2018
8. Digitising the Mike Pitts Archive: report on applications for funding
9. Progressing the Petrological Atlas
10. Developing the relationship with the Portable Antiquities Scheme, and continued improvement of the Implement Recording Proformas. (NB: please come prepared with suggestions! Current versions can be found in Stonechat #4)
11. Honouring the memory of Vin Davis
i. Student Bursary fund
12. Call for content for Stonechat #5
13. Members’ reports. (Please send notification of intent to present a report to Mik Markham – via admin AT implementpetrology DOT org –by 6th February)