The third issue of the Implement Petrology Group’s newsletter (March 2015).
Download Stonechat, issue 3 (3mb file).
1. National Importance Programme: lithic sites assessment 7046: The Neolithic Axe Factories of Great Langdale and Scafell Pike: Oxford Archaeology North.
2. A critical review of Group VI stone artefacts: fact and opinion: Vin Davis
3. Field visit to a stone tool quarry and manufacture site at Tranmore, near Monvoy, Co. Waterford, Ireland: Vin Davis
4. Cobble stone mining tools in prehistoric metal mining: Simon Timberlake
5. Some thoughts on making replica Neolithic ground axe heads: Jack Grasse
6. New evidence for the authenticity of Group XXVI stone tools: Vin Davis
7. The EBA “perforated axe” from Lingbar Hill barrow near Hellifield, North Yorkshire: Tom Lord
8. Neolithic pottery and (Group IX) lithics from a site on the north east coast of Anglesey: Frances Lynch
9. The cost of scholarship: Gill Varndell
10. Newly identified Neolithic monuments in the north of England and their implications for Neolithic lithic studies: Yvonne Luke
11. The Implement Petrology Workshop, York, 11th January 2015: Mik Markham and Vin Davis
12. News on JADE2: Alison Sheridan and Pierre Pétrequin